Alright I made my live action Pokemon cast list. But then I added some more and honestly I'm too tired to bother editing it all together so it can be one nice and neat big post. So for now in writing I shall reveal who everyone I picked is. The entire potential never gonna happen live action Pokemon cast is:Principal Protagonists:
- Kodi Smit-McPhee as Ash Ketchum
- Sophie Turner as Misty
- Channing Tatum as Brock
- Ikue Otani as Pikachu
- Charisma Carpenter as Jessie
- Matt Smith as James
- Nathan Lane as Meowth
- Lindsay Jones as Leaf
- Thomas Sangster-Brodie as Gary Oak
The Pokemon League:
- Mel Gibson as Giovanni
- Rila Fukushima as Erika
- James Marsters as Lt. Surge
- Liam Neeson as Koga
- Seychelle Gabriel as Sabrina
- Gary Oldman as Blaine
- Famke Janssen as Loreli
- Jason Momoa as Bruno
- Meryl Streep as Agatha
- Henry Cavill as Lance
- Andrew Garfield as Ritchie
- Peter Capaldi as Professor Samuel Oak
- Olivia Wilde as Delia Ketchum
- Kathleen Zeulch as Professor Felina Ivy
- Nicholas Hoult as Tracey
- Natalie Dormer as Daisy
- Arryn Zech as Violet
- Emilia Clarke as Lily
- David Tennant as Bill
- Sheena Duquette as Nurse Joy
- Lucy Liu as Officer Jenny
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Charizard
- Toby Kebell as Mewtwo
And... yeah. That's everyone. 32 characters all in all spanning this... thing. Should I explain more? Well... in a world where this project was to come to pass and be well written, acted, directed, and executed, the show would be good. And...
1: The most it would be is Three seasons. First season, around 22 episodes to introduce Ash and the gang. Their friendships forming, Ash training with his Pokemon, and him challenging gym leaders. A second season probably being the second half to the first. Rounding out the gym leaders and facing a more active and villanous team rocket. Possibly introducing the Elite Four. Third season is more exploring and the antagonist is Mewtwo.
2: Team Rocket and Giovanni are the villains. Giovanni publicly is a businessman and goes to great lengths not to implicit himself in his gangs actions. But the more Ash and friends face him the more they learn of the Rocket Boss and maybe even battle him. The climax might be Ash battling Giovanni for his badge right before he is arrested.
3. Characters would be different. To an extent. They would be different to improve rather than detract. They would retain their personality and what they are known for. But negatives would be improved. Such as Misty's sisters being competant battlers and while being beautiful and somewaht vain it would not be their sole reason why they dislike Misty. Rather it would be Misty leaving to prove she can be a stronger trainer. Or Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy having no "sisters/cousins/clones". Only one of each. In order to develop their characters more. Jenny being active and investigative into Team Rocket and Jenny popping up here and there and is clearly more experienced than an actual Doctor.
4. Characters are aged up. Obviously who I picked for Ash and gang aren't 10 or even kids. But they're young and in this continuity they would be teenagers. Not that kids can't be Pokemon trainers just that 10 year olds adventuring is a bit ridiculous. These would be young trainers, teens to young adult age, seriously battling and training to battle a difficult Pokemon League. Channing Tatum would be same as Brock in the anime, clearly older but still the big brother figure to the trainers who are clearly much younger than he is.
5. The Pokemon League would be active. Not contained to single episodes where Ash challenges them. Other characters battle them. And they are looking into Team Rocket as well. Not only are they to challenge trainers and give winners badges but also protect the region and investigate anything disrupting the peace or harming Pokemon. Like the manga, Erika is the leader.
... and that would be it. I really thought too much on something that'll never happen but it was nice to imagine